There’s a Reason For That: Understand why people don’t get you and you don’t get them, and find calm when the shift hits the fan, starting today. by Nolan Collins
Have you ever muttered the words “What were you thinking?” either under your breath or in a moment of frustration out loud. Or “Why did you do that?” and been rewarded with a shrug of unknowing in response?
The people we interact with, like us, have lives and experiences we couldn’t begin to fathom in our attempt to answer those questions – questions that never seemed to get answered to our satisfaction.
In a society bombarding us with endless self-help directives to do better, be nicer and be more compassionate with the people around us, it’s time to bridge the gap between being told what we should be doing, and knowing what we can actually do, today.
Nolan Collins, the creator of the solution-driven RAMP-IT framework and a lifelong trainer in several industries from hospitality to wellness to digital marketing brings you 20+ considerations that can help you understand yourself, your co-workers when you don’t see eye to eye, feel like you’re not being heard, or get rubbed the wrong way!
People’s perceptions of each other are often biased and incomplete, and opinions usually stem from a lack of awareness of the many considerations affecting us all every minute of every day.
Nolan delivers 20 honed Considerations, which will help you understand yourself and the people around you more clearly. And when people change or situations shift to the unknown or unfamiliar, you’ll get on better and get more done, with less stress and frustration.
Discovering why you think, feel, speak, and act differently in the many situations you find yourself in will empower you to be more understanding, patient, and compassionate with others AND yourself when you feel your expectations are not being met.
Inside There’s A Reason For That, you’ll learn:
● Why people you interact with every day behave the way they do — and how to stop their actions from affecting your happiness
● Why mindset is not always the problem… and discover how to deal with new, unfamiliar situations at work and home.
● How to respond when life shifts and things don’t go to plan
● What determines the results you get in any situation… and how you can use this principle to keep yourself from reacting to others
● How five simple questions can take the tension out of a stressful situation in a matter of minutes
● Why personality, behavioural and tendency tests don’t work long term for most people…and what to do instead to understand others better and not excuse yourself from acting badly.
● To challenge your current beliefs around how to look at others.
● How to break unhelpful patterns, habits and even addictions with a simple phrase.
● Why people blame external factors or their environment when they feel stuck and overwhelmed – and what to do instead.
● Questions to ask to help you manage your negative emotions and move away from pain
And much more!
There’s A Reason For That is not your run of the mill self-help or self-awareness book, Nolan’s solution-driven behaviour thinking approach to coaching delivers situations, stories and actionable solutions. You’ll rethink how you look at and interact with each other and your own thoughts, both at work and in your personal relationships, even when you think all hope is lost.